Powassan Agricultural Society
125th Fall Fair-Labour Day Weekend
September 5th & 6th, 2020
Heavy Horse Pulls-Saturday @1:30pm
Demolition Derby-Sunday @ 1:30pm
$10 per day, $15 weekend wristband
12 & under free
Powassan Agricultural Society Logo Design Contest
The Powassan Agricultural Society is looking for a new visual identity and is looking for your help. We are looking for creative persons who can design a creative, innovative and professional logo for our organization.
How to enter:
1. All entries must be submitted at a high-resolution in .jpeg., or PDF formats with 300dpi or higher. If your submission is selected as a winner, you MUST be able to provide a high resolution vector file (e.g. Adobe illustrator, Photoshop, or InDesign). Maximum file size is 10MB
2. Submit your completed Entry Form and logo design to [email protected]
*******deadline has been extended because of COVID-19 to an unknown date, so keep working on your logos!
1. Individuals or teams may submit no more than two separate entries. A separate Entry Form must accompany each Submission.
2. All submitted work must the original work of the entrant(s) and must not include, be based on, or derived from any pre-existing or third party designs, trademarks, or copyrighted images.
3. All entries will become the property of the Powassan Agricultural Society. By submitted an entry, each entrant agrees that any and all intellectual property rights in the logo design are deemed assigned to the Society.
4. Except where prohibited by law, an entry submission into this competition constituted permission to use the winner’s name, prize information, and information provided on the entry form for publicity purposes, without further permission or compensation.
5. The Powassan Agricultural Society reserves the right to modify or revise the winning logo as deemed necessary to better fit the needs of the Society.
6. The selected winner MUST submit a scalable vector version of the winning design so that it is adaptable to electronic print and media, to reproduction or small and large surfaces, and to use in colour or grayscale.
Professional – We are looking for an eye catching, recognizable, legible design. The logo will be featured on all Powassan Agricultural Society communications, various digital and print mediums, and on stationary, brochures, merchandise, and other visual collateral
Theme – Must promote the mission of The Powassan Agricultural Society and its strategic priority
Colour – There are no limitations, any colours may be used. However, the logo must look good in colour, black and white and grayscale treatments
Integrity – Logos cannot contain copyrighted material. Logos must have been created and edited by the contestant(s). Logos may not include licensed images. Must be easily reproducible and scalable for large and small formatting
The selection committee comprised of directors of the Powassan Agricultural Society will choose the top three logos to be voted on by the member of the society.
The Society reserves the right not to select a winner, if in its sole discretion, no suitable entries are received. The selection of the Society will be final.
All entries will be evaluated based on the following criteria (although other criteria may be considered):
Relevance – does the entry align with the theme and direction of the Powassan Agricultural Society?
Originality – Does the composition exhibit original design, creativity, and imagination?
Aesthetic Quality –Is the submission eye catching and command attention?
Does it display visual balance and colour coordination?
Do all the elements work together to create a unified and appealing design?
Adaptability – Is the design conductive to scaling of logo to accommodate different treatments
(i.e. electronic application, letterhead, marketing materials, etc.)?
The selected entrant will receive $125 in honour of our 125th anniversary (as well as bragging rights!) If the winning design is produced by a team, one prize of $125 (divided equally among the team) will be awarded.